Donate the trip

You can donate the trip. Account: Anu Hark, EE862200221067441148

pühapäev, 12. november 2017

That´s it! Map of SE Asia trip


Sorry for delay! Yep, I´m back home already 4 weeks, but haven´t found the moment or motivation to conclude my last trip. I still cant conclude it shortly... it was just too long and consisted of different stages - some of them pleasant, some awful.

I can´t say if it was good or bad, fun or not. Having Lyme disease (disease caused by bacteria of the Borrelia tipe which is spread by ticks) during the trip influenced the whole experience. I was not as energetic and positive as i am used to be. Whats the result? Less contact with local people. Why? Because I wasnt patient enough to communicate in body language or using google translslate... People feel when the one is nervous or tired or angry, so they better keep distance (everybody is looking for extra energy, but I wasnt able to give it during some harder days of my trip, thats probably the reason why I didnt have good experience in Lao). Maybe I need to go back one day... but I dont feel like doing so right now :D

PS. Climbing part of the trip was perfect, so I am not only complaining 😏😉
Anyway, here it is: the map

About climate - quite many people in Europe think that in Thailand and generally SE Asia the climate is nice and its paradise there... its not!! It will be ok for just sitting and drinking cocktail (better have some roof) but not for trekking, cycling and other outdoor activities. Its either too sunny and hot or raining too much. I was there during rainy season, so my things were contiuously wet. Nothing gets dry even when its not raining because humidity is too high. Even though its warm and you dont need to worry about having good sleeping bag, you need to have good tent because of mosquitos and rain. I prefer Estonian climate to be honest. We have variety, everything is fresh and the air there makes me active, alive (you know, to stay warm you need to walk fast in north 😂).
Buuuut, the best climate and other natural conditions in my opinion are still in Meditereranean zone. No tent needed because its warm and near to the sea there are usually few mosquitos and other disturbing creatures.... there are mountains and sea, also some forests. Just go to some beach and enjoy the hotel of thousand stars. I miss it!

I found Estonian national flower near in Lithuania, near Kaunas 

In warszawa again. New + post war architecture

post-war

Names of climbing halls/clubs are not really original. My club in Tartu is also Crux. That one was in Warszaw

Tapir, Taipei zoo

Really? Why?

Athlete village in suburb of Taipei

Near Long Dong. Climbing and swimming place in Taiwan

Climbing in Long Dong with Roger and Co.

Lang Son, Vietnam. Walking around

evening in Lang Son 

Lime farm near Vinh Tuy, Vietnam

Summit of highest mountain in SE Asia, Phang Xi Pang (3143 m)

Lao, Oudom Xai. My mood and feeling was similar to this place. Food poisonig+Lyme disease

Cave near Luang Phrabang, Lao

I ran to arrive to cave, and.....

Luang Prabang, Lao. Looks like paradise, right?

Rice field and two french travellers. Vang Vieng, Lao

Vientiane, the capital of Lao

Getting to Railey. Only by boat..... well, there are always other ways, but locals never tell you.... white people=money

Welcome to Tonsai, Krabi, Thailand

The wall of Tonsai. Art is created when there is something to fight against. For example fighting against building walls.... If they would think of destroying this wall, it will cause another fight, because now the wall is already a part of identity of the village
I was not the first estonian staying in Tonsai. 3 years ago there have been at least other 2 of them. The flag was on the 2nd floor of Pirate/Sunset bar

Climbing "Viking in Heat"

....and got sunburnt
Phetchaburi, Thailand. Nice town. 

Walking back to the road.... to Bangkok

Nice, fancy cafeteria in Phetchaburi.
Thats my country. Fresh, snowy Estonia. Tartu

....and my favourite tree - pine

what can I want

Back in routine. Morning running in Tartu, next to Emajõgi (Mother River) 

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar