Donate the trip

You can donate the trip. Account: Anu Hark, EE862200221067441148

pühapäev, 10. juuni 2018

Update

Near suwalki, just before finding next ride
Update. Hitchhiking went unexpectedly easily. Maybe i waited 30 min un my start point in the border of Tallinn, then a (normal size) car picked me up... we were 3 of us and my bike in the car. You see, it is possible to hitch normal cars with bicycle even if there is more than 1 person in the car. Those nice ladies gave me a ride until Pärnu. I only needed to get out of town, finish my sandwich and another car stopped already. Bike to the roof and off we go. Funny guy who didnt say anything but just rode me to the border between Estonia and Latvia, 25 km more than his destination was. I ate another sandwich, went to truck parking spot, saw a polish truck, asked and voila! Directly to the border between Lithuania and Poland. Wow! Sometimes luck and sun are on my side (quite often actually while traveling.... they say that god protects and helps fools 😉). So... i was maybe a bit too pessimistic betting that i arrive only between Marijampole and polish border for midnight. Driver was only speaking polish and few words of russian, but we still managed to explain the most important stuff in polussian language. We got to Szipliszki and there he needed to make 9 hours pause....it was only 21.30 or something like that. Even though he tried to convince me to stay there and not keep going further (you know: it gets dark, nobody is going towards warszawa that hour because everybody starts break etc) i continued by bike towards Suwalki. At least i could have find somebody who speaks english and also some better sleeping spot in town. Actually i have no idea why so many people try to scare me. Are they super afraid and worrying about me or is it just the way to keep me in the truck, feeling dependent on them? If its the first case then very lovely of them, if the second then they have got my personality and the amount of hitchhiking experience totally wrong. I really dont have problems with bears and wolves in the forest, so stop telling me that its dark and there are animals and i shouldnt go to sleep there with my tent (ok, there is also Homo sapiens in some places... then i need to be careful).

While cycling i was holding my left hand with hitching thumb and for my surprise after 10 kms one truck stopped in parking and picked me up. Thanks to Estonian flag that im carrying with me. He was from estonia which means that i even had the possibility to talk (despite being from Estonia he was still talkative 😉). He was super nice and also intelligent so i enjoyed the time. We got maybe 100 km before warszawa and guess what i still stayed in truck parking at night, in the comfy truck. Just because he didnt try to convince me to stay there, it was just a normal couch offer (if you know what Couchsurfing is). Good that they have two beds in trucks - one for driver and another for key board 😆😂. That was the case. He had the instrument with him during the trip but this night it needed to sleep on armature of truck!

I started cycling at 12.... right now im just 75 km away of start in Piotrkow Trybunalski but will continue to Radomsko which means another 45 km.

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar