Donate the trip

You can donate the trip. Account: Anu Hark, EE862200221067441148

pĆ¼hapƤev, 10. veebruar 2019

Personal best in couchsurfing

Monday, tuesday, saturday and sunday....
Life is not only skiing, ice axing and biking šŸ˜¬. There are also some other daily activities like fighting with stove (its not always easy to start the fire). In the end i have always won but sometimes it has taken many rounds (fortunately never ended with knock out. I wouldnt be happy without stove either).
Relaxing after victory over the stove. The temperature will get almost livable in my room in 2 hours.
Ofcourse its also important to take care of wood to burn

...and as we got a lot of snow last friday (1st of february) there was another activity for sport loving people - cleaning paths from snow, just to get back home or out of the house. First time i saw/heard/felt some excitement in Dimaro. Buses blocked the main road to Madonna di Campiglio (another ski resort which felt too snob for me) and there was traffic jam for many many hours. Skibuses were late about 2 hours etc.... of course i was hitchhiking to start skiing before all children groups arrive...






But... more snow means some off the piste skiing and possibilities for skialpinism (even though i am a bit too beginner to do or even talk about real stuff). Anyway I really enjoyed skiing in this super snowy day - few people, fresh snow and interesting/new conditions to get used to. Its not fun if everything is optimal/perfect. The most fun I have when I can learn something, push myself, make some effort... sweat and maybe cry for some moments... and laugh about it.
Mountain skiing technique on fresh snow differs quite a lot from usual technique on the piste. Speed is lower, feet closer to each other, to change direction you need to work more (even jump) to not get stuck in snow) and while turning skiis dont need to be that much on edges because snow is making counter force anyway. Big thanks to Renzo Turri, a maestro di sci, who has given and hopefully keeps giving good tips to learn adequate technique. šŸ˜šŸ˜‚ Citing my friend Luglio: "Sopravvivere non significa sapere sciare" (surviving on the piste doesnt mean knowing how to ski).
Near rifugio "Scoiattolo" (squirrel)

You cant say that Sun is missing. It was super day for skiing. Because of heavy snow previous day it was few people, lot of fresh snow and lot of energy

"You are all disgusting" written grammatically wrong. Should be schifo... or maybe with scifo they want to say sci di fondo (crosscountry skiing) šŸ˜‚.... so it will be "you all do crosscountry skiing". Yes of course we do.

Life is arriving to Val di Sole... its february, days are getting longer, the ski season is on its peak - I got my first couch request during my time in Trentino. It was 4 travellers from Russia. They were traveling by car, photographing Dolomites and found themself from couch emergency. Ofcourse it was one of the busiest days... I was skiing all day, then had a dinner in a house of two local couchsurfers and I also hosted my dear cave mate Davide who came from Brescia to ski a bit. Whaaat, how can I put 5 people and myself in my room???
Basically thats my office... and if i put two mattresses on the floor it becomes a 7 stars hotel room (actually now I have a table-like thing for my laptop insted of chair.
Where there is a will, there is a way. 2 mattresses for 4 person, a couch in the kitchen for 5-th and my bed for me. Like sardines. Those guys were super awesome. Real travelling spirits, easy to get along and improvise with.




Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar