Donate the trip

You can donate the trip. Account: Anu Hark, EE862200221067441148

esmaspäev, 24. juuli 2017

Finish: Lofoten islands

Already during first days in Norway I had changed my final destination. At first it was Nordkapp but then I understood that actually there will be nothing to do in this well-known place. Often people just go there, take some photos and escape the wind as fast as possible.... It was far from my dreams, so I set Lofoten islands as my final destination. It's one of the best areas for traditional climbing in Norway. Exactly what I needed because I really would like to get some experience in trad.

Lucky me! I found a climbing budy from the Bodö-Moskenes ferry :D. He was going to climb with two of his friends who had a camping car and they just picked me up as well. Big thanks to Stian, Magnus and Eirik! Even though I spent in Lofoten much less time than I planned, I'm still happy for those 3 days in Paradiset with them.  I got the chance to try multi-pitch trad climbing :D and also a lot of scrambling on rocks, good dinner that we made of fish caught by Magnus near our camp, meeting with a bad-ass fox at night (well, it was midnight sun, so I can't really call it night but....sleeping time, lets say). It was first time to camp more than 1 night in same place during the trip. The nature (read: weather) of Norway just doesn't give you the possibility to stay and enjoy. Run, or suffer cold and being wet!!

Warning: There is strong wind or a lot of sand-flies and some mosquitos in most of places.... I even don't know which of them I prefer: Mosquitos or wind, that is the question.

Thats Lofoten - just a lot of naked rocks. Who was the first to think that it's possible to live there? Some climber?

Just look at the color of the sea!
 When my climbing companions left, I needed to hit the road again... to find somebody else from Hennigsvär climbing cafe for example. There were actually more ordinary tourists and not that many climbers this day. I virtually just lost this day because it was still quite good weather but nobody to climb with.... in the evening it started to rain and thats it.... I went to Svolvär (the biggest town nearby), where I met two hitchhikers to talk to and cook dinner with....some shitty fast cookable rice :D..... outdoors everything tastes good
It was so wet everywhere that I tried to find some kind of roof.... luckily there was something called Fast Hotel which was basically a hotel without reception... you just need to go in, book and pay a room using the computer there.... the good thing was that the computer was usable also for other things, for example getting some info about climbing rocks nearby (27 crags is really useful website).
After spending many hours with this slow computer I continued to search for some dry place for sleeping. How about gym of refugee house? Yep, why not! Done! 4,5 hours of sleep there and I was ready for next day.... weather was also ready to give me some water and forecast for 2 next days didn't give anything better, so I just understood that It was better to finish my trip and start hitchhiking back to Estonia.
Back to reality -rain and fog. Anyway 2,5 days of sunny weather was more than I expected :D

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar